Friday, February 12, 2010

Weekend Out

Night 1:

Just moved from northern* area to southern* area 3 weeks ago. Too busy with relocation lately(and didn’t have the focus of your course before). I hear that the neighboring city isn’t bad and I decide to check it out. Dead as fuck downtown…as fuck.

*Stars denote info removed.


Get into a bar and its horrible. Not even one woman to sarge. The only woman was overweight and my grandmother’s age. She was working coat check. I have a cabbie drive me around until we find a place. By then, its 12:45am (bars close at 2am). I say fuck it and just accept that I know what bar is good for Fridays…it’s called Xbar*. I head home.

Sidebar:

Do you think it’s better to sarge out of town while you’re starting out (until you get better) or does it matter if you crash and burn at home?


Night 2:


Old coat check lady said it would be better at that place tonight. It’s supposed to be the “in” club for Saturday nights. I get there at 10:45pm and no one’s there yet. There’s a couple people, but it’s VERY slow.


I see 2 women at the bar, so I sit next to them. I didn’t open them immediately because I wasn’t sure what the 2 set looked like. I ordered a Redbull, look over, and notice that the woman sitting closest to me is gorgeous. Her friend is sort of “the ugly friend” type. I open with, “So when does this club start really going?” and the set opens.


45 minute set. She’s laughing at the stories and it all seems to flow naturally. The teases work. We’re semi-isolated because her friend kind of let us talk alone as she converse with the bartender. I know you say IOIs don’t matter, but they were there. Turns in her seat to face me, qualifies herself during the question, etc. “She tells me the reason that she thinks she’s cool is because she came from a small-town and hasn’t let the city change her (Ha. This city is not even close to that big, but okay).

We start talking about sports which leads to cocky guys and how she hates them. Says Denzel is the example of confidence. I ask her to name someone around our age, she pauses, thinks, and says me ;


Right before I start trying to TB and number close she tells me she has a BF. I try to play it cool and keep talking (not acknowledging initially) for about 10 minutes. I tell her that if she has a BF we can at least be friends on FB. She takes my phone (I have a Blackberry) and longs in and requests me. I start to notice that the club still hasn’t really packed up. Also, being 24, I was looking for a 21-30bar and it looks like I’m in the 25-40bar. She insinuates I should stay, but I feel like the set is going nowhere. I leave the bar to meet some friends at a house party. I saw a couple girls they were with earlier in the day and I’m hoping I can meet up with them and practice.



What did the BF come up? What did I do wrong?


I get to the house party and none of the girls I wanted to sarge are there. I’m already in a talkative mood so I say “fuck it” and mingle. Didn’t use any openers because at the house party it didn’t seem like I needed one. Stories seem to go off well, but no one is really staying in one place to run through more than one. Catch up with a female acquaintance who introduces me to 2 girls I hadn’t met. One is sort of my type. She’s really cute, but short and I usually go for taller girls (which I tell her later on in the conversation to disqualify). They both eat up the stories with a little bit of filler. They’re both college girls, so the, “What’s your major?” question comes up (with a tease about it, of course). I TB an event that the two tell me about earlier in the set and take both numbers. I text the target, “Text message from Chris. Save as cute, funny dude.” After a few minutes, they both leave. I’m opened by a real cool (kind of chubby) girl about 15 minutes later. Good conversation, but I’m not interested so I don’t go for anything. 20 minutes later I get tired and head home.


2 phone numbers and 1 Facebook at the end of the night. (These ending up flaking this week).

Update: 1 re-surfaced.

What’s the verdict? Where am I so far?


Night 3:


Complete bust. I get false information on a place to hang out again. I go to the only bar that seems to have people that night and it’s a gay bar. Not the people I’m trying to sarge. I take my disappointed and pissed ass home.


Play The Game Fair.


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment