Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting Back Into It

It’s funny.


Once you start to get a grip of what you’re doing...I think it’s like riding a bike. I was out with my guys. We went to basically just to catch up. It was good times. The waitress seemed to be off…like having a bad day (She was forgetting stuff, coming to check on us late, etc.).


I’ve been reading, “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. It’s a good book. It’s not manipulative either. It’s primarily about being a genuine dude and showing love to people. The book just illustrates how far doing that can take you.

So I cheered her up…teasing her every time she got something wrong. Later she sat down with us.

She was a tall, cute, blonde about 5’11 in flats. Of course she’s not wearing heels because she’s a waitress and on her feet all day (I don’t know if guys remember, but I am so an equal opportunity dater). I usually don’t mess with blondes. I love tall, dark-skinned women, with wide hips, but she’s got 2 out of 3 ;)


I say to myself, “What the Hell” and start running material. Push-pull initially, then a new Argentina story, go into turning questions into statements (guessing my people's occupations), another story about why some men find blondes attractive, I use a jealousy story, then I explain what state breaks are, and for kicks…I throw in a “You blink a lot” neg.

She starts throwing a lot of IOI’s and qualifying herself heavy. Didn’t close her though. Too many people and didn’t want to make her feel awkward. I needed the practice and we linked up on Facebook...so it’s cool.


The best practice of the night though wasn’t directly from her. My friends aren’t in the community. They kept trying to go into boring “What do you do?” and “What do you like?” conversations. I successfully steered the group away from those and I did it pretty smoothly. I also kept everyone involved.

Honestly, I didn’t know how good I was doing…we were her last table. Her boss realized she was having a bad day and let her go home early. She talked with us OVER AN HOUR AFTER WE HAD PAID!!!

She only left after I got up from the table and jokingly said, “I gotta go. Can’t break my curfew.” We’ll see where it goes. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Play The Game Fair.


Chris

P.S. Did you notice that I never asked her about what was wrong? How I didn’t help her re-live those bad emotions while she was with us? If you did…you’re starting to get better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment