Friday, August 28, 2009

Good Gets Better (WR 7)

I noticed that I had stopped using the “WR” on actual nights when I go out. I’ll be bringing it back. The reports are kind of behind (meaning I did them and didn’t get to writing them). Bear with me.


I know…

Lately, I haven’t been going out to strictly game. I’ve been more focused on showing my guys a good time. It’s cool though. You need to be having fun when you’re out and that’s what I’m up to.

One of my co-workers, “Cam”, just got promoted. Of course we ended up going out to celebrate it. We went to a small bar. When we go in, who do we see but another co-worker. Work-related stories, jokes, and the like turn one beer into ten. Time passes…


I look at my watch and I can’t believe that it’s that late. Another wasted night.

The co-worker we met there offers us to hang out at his spot, but I wasn’t on it. Wasn’t really ready to leave yet. Ah well.

I look over at Cam…he’s been eyeing this one girl for a while (didn’t have the heart to tell him he was starting to appear stalker-ish). I told him to approach. He wouldn’t do it…and I know you all are not surprised by this. I tell him that isn’t that bad or THAT hard (talking to women that is).
Now I can’t remember if he pointed a group out or I did, but I went over and just started talking. He watched. I felt like I was being challenged ;)

I tried very hard not to use any set routines. No unfair advantages because I wanted to do something that he could’ve done. I told a couple stories, but nothing scripted (if you practice enough you just get better at telling stories).

I remember something early on set the conversation off. I told her she looked like she was from the West Coast. Turns out she had lived in Hawaii the past few years before moving to the city. Cool.

Sidebar:

I didn’t pull this out of my butt. She looked from the West Coast. You can get good at these types of cold-reads by throwing some out there and getting a response. You do it enough you can get a feel for it.


What I learned from this:

This exercise did help with that, “running out of things to say” thing. OSC. Observation. Story. Comment. Observe something on her or about her, tell a relevant story about it (please let it be something half-way interesting), and let her comment. You can run this a few times ‘til she bites on a particular topic.



I’m feeling lazy though. I’m not going to describe here. She was tall and I would’ve rated her a 7.5. We did the contact info thing, but I couldn’t follow up. Left for about a week and came back. I didn’t feel like the connection was that strong to make it happen.


That’s all I got.


Play The Game Fair.


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment