Friday, August 28, 2009

What HS Reunions Mean

A couple of weeks ago one of the high schools I went to (I went to two high schools. One for freshman and sophomore years and then I transferred to the other one) had their 5 year reunion.


I was very excited to go. I was really eager to see how well everyone was doing, but the big thing for me was to see how I was treated. 5 years has passed. People grown and change, but the people that knew you in high school usually will treat you like the person that they saw you as in high school.

Thankfully, everyone I got to talk to showed me much love. Then again, I made it a point to show love to everyone…no matter if we were tight way back when or if they didn’t have anything going for themselves whatsoever ;)


I flirted a little bit and ran a couple routines, but only playfully. Unfortunately, many of the women that came were with someone.

Sidebar:

The joke of the night was one of the former cheerleaders who had gotten breast implants. Everyone was asking each other if they remembered if she had breasts back then. Whatever…

People are doing well though. One guy is playing poker professionally and three are trying out for professional teams right now. I know they could be lying, but I’m going to choose to believe ;)
The point of this post, though, was that some old friends might not accept the new you that you’re trying to become. They’re comfortable with the you they know now. They might even try to hinder your progress.

If that’s the situation, you have to keep those people away from you. You don’t have to cut them off…but I would.


Play The Game Fair.


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment