Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Relationship Problems I DON'T Have....

Interesting title right? Well I’ve been talking to some of my close friends (most of which are 1-woman men) and their conversations always lead up to or end up on their lady problems…without fail.

That’s not the problem though. If that’s what you like, by all means chase that to your heart’s content. There are many times, though, where they are SO FRUSTRATED. “She doesn’t get it, she doesn’t listen, and she isn’t trying.” This argument, that argument…

I can honestly say that I can’t remember the last time I had an argument with a significant other. I don’t have to. If she wants to argue or do things I don’t agree with, I leave. I’ll continue to date other people until she calms down or gets it together. The thing is…she knows this too. I don’t have to tell her either. Women’s intuition is real. Because of that, I don’t have too many problems.

Now if I want to own my own business, I have to deal with the downturns. I might have to cut costs, I might have to miss a few dinners out…hell, there might be some bouts of mini-depression mixed in with a lack of health insurance.

What it does have though (in any business that you may own) is freedom and potential. Most millionaires and (I believe) all billionaires own their own business. You can be real comfortable with a job, but it’s unlikely you’ll be rich and you, undoubtedly, will always have a boss.
This relates directly to relationships. Married men will love and be loved by their wives in ways unmarried men don’t understand. They will get to have a real connection, get sex on a regular basis, and will overall be pretty comfortable. Married men might not have any dry spells, but they won’t have many things single men do (multiple relationships, different escapades, etc.). Some married men might have these, but they will be completely violating their marriages while doing so. They’ll always have that boss too…in most long term relationships the woman is usually the dominant one.

Bringing it all together….

While I was talking to one of my close friends, I told him that at this point in my life the number one thing I need in my relationships isn’t love…it’s behavior. After saying that, he likened me to a pimp (in a very derogatory manner). I took offense because I pride myself on being a gentleman. I treat the women I date very well and I am open to falling in love. The thing is, though, I need a woman who can stick to the type of relationship we both agreed to. Now there’s no formal contract or anything, but if we have a mutual understanding then there should be no confusion…and it has to stay that way. Anything else and we can no longer date.

The relationship ends when we have problems.

My relationships better my life…not complicate it (I think this is what Jay-Z meant).


Play The Game Fair.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment