Thursday, March 5, 2009

PUA vs. Natural

I got to hang out with one of my good friends this weekend.

He’s a good guy and a flawless natural. When I started this experiment I wanted to go out every night with him and, while he did what he normally does, I would adjust my game every week so we could compare results.

Unfortunately, our work schedules SIGNIFICANTLY conflict. I was happy just to kick it with my homey.

That said…

While we were out I noticed a couple differences in how he and I approach this dating/courting process.

Opening/Conversation Starters:


Natural (Him) - My friend always seemed to be waiting and looking for an opening. He spent a lot of time looking for eye contact and other indicators of interest before he would interact with any of the women at the venue.

PUA (Me) – I still have a little approach anxiety, but, for the most part, if I see a woman I want to say something to…I do. I initiated more conversations and met more people than my friend.

Mid-game/Actual Conversation:


Natural – He’s been doing this for a long time. Once he gets into an interaction, he can really get it going. He’s good, but many times he doesn’t have an end goal in mind (which screws him in my opinion)...

PUA – I’m starting to get good. I can keep everything light, fun, and pique women’s interest. That night, thought, my friend often would come in to my groups (because I had opened more than he had) and unintentionally go for my target or dominate the following conversations. I don’t blame him though. There are rules to this…but he doesn’t know them yet.

Closing:


Natural – No luck. He pretty much bet all his chips on one group, and they flaked. He has a decent killer instinct, but I believe he just misread the group.

PUA – I won’t lie. I was very lazy that night. I should’ve tried to get a number or meet someone later…but I didn’t. I had one that I had gotten pretty attracted, but I later found out one of my other friends had been trying to get at her night and I really didn’t want to take her from him ;)

In other news…

I guess I’ve learned through this experiment to force yourself talk to multiple groups. It makes you look connected and if one group falls off, you got other ones. Many guys, when they go out and get a positive reaction from some women, stop speaking to the rest of the women in the club because they’re afraid they’ll mess things up with the women they’ve “got in good” with.
Who cares?

When you think about it, you can only build your social value…it’s “social” value. You get it from being social. Plus, she just met you and you just met her. There shouldn’t be that much of a fear of loss.

Play The Game Fair.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment