Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Important Lesson (WR 2)...

You thought I dropped out? Didn’t you? Admit it…you thought I dropped out? Never. Any who, you could say that I have been THOROUGHLY swamped at the office. They’re killing me…I’m finishing my blog posts on the same day I’m going out. New research…fun stuff. I look forward to it.

That said…

So you want to know what I’ve been doing and how last weekend went I suppose? You remember that I was sort of bitching about how I went out alone, I was in a new city, my dog died, etc…I can tell you now that it is very much so better to go out alone. A bad wing will hold you back in the worst of ways.

We (my wing and I) got to the spot around 11pm. It was a good group of women in the place. I was, to no surprise, very excited. Practice does make perfect and I did plan to practice. I left my boy so I could mingle. He’s not really out trying to improve like that and he is extremely shy to boot. While I’m out working the room, at 11:31pm I get a text from this man. He wants to leave. I couldn’t believe it. He said that he would walk home, but he is a good friend (and it was like negative two degrees outside), so I took him home at midnight. Came back and couldn’t get back inside the venue…oh well.

Saturday was my night to work on my overall people skills. I hung out with COMPLETE strangers and won them ALL over. I want to say it was ninety percent natural game. I used some comfort stuff, but mostly it was me just keeping my mouth running, cracking jokes, and making things pleasant. I know we’re all trying to learn techniques to efficiently date the types of women we want, but, honestly, I believe we also have to learn how to just relate to people.

Mystery, the man who started pick up on the path it is on, once said that we should treat all sets (groups we talk to) as if we’re just networking and building our social circle. Do that. Meet new people just because. Make conversation without having some type of aim all the time. I believe it makes everyone better in the process.

Play The Game Fair

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment